Mind the Gap
Are you looking for someone to do a regulatory compliance gap analysis for your business?
The purpose of a gap analysis is to compare you to a specific law, rule, code or standard, and find specific gaps that you should correct. A gap analysis is usually conducted before implementation has been done and includes our advice with us acting as experts on a particular law and technology. A gap analysis is forward-looking and sets a direction and involves planning. We have years of experience doing a technology and compliance gap analysis on specific focus areas. We can also do a risk assessment or a compliance audit, but those are something different.
A gap analysis is a very important step in any compliance project or program but it is only part of the journey towards compliance (or the data protection life cycle). The gap analysis is part of the planning step and whatever you plan on spending on planning, you should budget on spending much more than that to implement the required remedial actions. Actually taking action to protect personal data is the most important step.
The benefits of a gap analysis
A gap analysis should enable you to know:
- where you currently stand in regards to complying with a law,
- where the gaps are,
- what you need to do to close the gaps and get closer to fully complying with the regulatory requirements.
- It’s a preventive measure
We don’t audit during a gap analysis, but rather we get key process or activity owners, champions or project stakeholders to provide the evidence they may have (or not have) for each of the regulatory requirements in the law.
"A gap analysis is done at the beginning of the journey whilst an audit is at the end"
What we offer a gap analysis on
- Privacy or Data Protection Gap Analysis (to analyse the degree to which your organisation complies with all data protection laws that apply to it and identify the gaps)
- GDPR Gap Analysis (to analyse the degree to which your organisation complies with the GDPR and identify the gaps)
- Governance Gap Analysis as per ISO-ISMS 27001 standard (to analyse the degree to which your organisation complies with governance codes that apply to it and identify the gaps)
- IT Legal Compliance Gap Analysis (to analyse the degree to which your organisation complies with IT laws)
A gap analysis report, including a compliance action plan
We deliver a practical gap analysis report in plain language detailing your current status, ideal status, and legal and compliance gaps. Our report also highlights risks and recommends action to be taken in the form of a compliance action plan, which includes a roadmap. Depending on the type of analysis, our report is made up of different components.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.